WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Springboard America: Great surveys and great pay. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Springboard America Now
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- iSurvey World: One of the best survey sites on the web with quick and convenient PayPal payouts. Join iSurvey World Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
There are many survey sites out there where we can earn some money and then request payment when we’ve reached the payout level.
We have covered these sites extensively on Frugal For Less.
The majority of these sites offer gift cards to a variety of retailers, restaurants, and many other places, but what if you’re not much of a shopper?
Claiming gift cards for a place you probably will never shop at is pretty pointless, isn’t it?
What about getting paid in good old-fashioned cash?
Or, in the case of being online – with a check?
Today I’ll list 10 different survey sites that pay by check, (and in a few cases by bank transfer and prepaid cards):
Survey Junkie is another high paying site and one of the most popular online survey sites.
You first earn 25¢ for signing up and you have the potential to make between $5 to $18 an hour.
The signup process is simple, all you need to do is enter your email address, or connect through your Facebook or your Google accounts.
The different ways you can earn on Survey Junkie are:
- Verify your Email – Earn 25 points for confirming your email
- Complete Profile surveys – Earn 50 points for filling out all your profiles
- Take the User tour – Earn 5 points to learn how Survey Junkie works
- Take Surveys – Answer surveys and earn 10¢ to 90¢ each
- Referring Friends – Get $1.50 for each friend that signs up
Survey Junkie offers a lot of points in the beginning registration stage but does not offer other earning opportunities except surveys after that.
The minimum balance required before claiming a payout is 1,000 points which is $10.
You can get paid by direct deposit, which is just as good as a check and again, this will take a while to process.
Vindale research surveys is one of the oldest survey sites and one of the highest paying ones out there.
You can expect to earn about $10 to $13 an hour on this site.
Signing up is free and you get a $2 sign up bonus.
There are several ways to earn on Viindale Research:
- Taking Surveys – Answering surveys can earn about $1 – $5 each
- Product Reviews – Receive limited offers to review products and earn anywhere from $5 to $75
- Answer Emails – Opening emails from Vindale earns 10¢ per email
- Watch Videos – Watch videos online and earn up to 25¢ per video
- Referrals – Refer your friends and make $5 per friend
- Offers – Receive discounts and coupons on different offers available
- Reward Codes – Follow their social media accounts to receive codes to claim
- Cash Contests – Enter cash contests every week for different cash prizes
- Photos – After receiving a payment from Vindale, take a selfie and make $5
Vindale Research offers more unique earning opportunities than most survey sites do.
You’ll need a minimum of $50 to cash out which is higher than many other survey sites.
You need to request your payment before each payment window closes and they send payouts on the 15th and last day of each month.
A drawback is that you can only request payment of $50 at a time, so if your account has $65 you will only receive $50 and the remaining amount rolls over.
Like with many requests for a check payment, it will take a few weeks for Vindale to process and send the check to you.
Pinecone Research can be a very exclusive survey site because their surveys can be somewhat limited.
They focus primarily on product testing as well as in-depth surveys to collect consumer data.
Another “exclusivity” is that joining Pinecone Research is by invitation only, you need to be invited by a current member or receive a referral link to join.
After signing up, you can make up to $18 an hour on this site.
The different ways you can earn on Pinecone Research is:
- Answer Surveys – Receive surveys by invitation and pays $3 – $5 each
- Product Testing – Rare opportunities available to test products for up to $6 each
- Weekly Contest – Enter weekly contests to win $500
- Referral Link – Since memberships are
Be sure to fill out your profile surveys in order to receive more survey invitations.
A benefit to invitation-only surveys is that you’re already qualified for those surveys and filling them out won’t be a waste of time – unlike many other survey sites where time is wasted on prequalifying survey questions.
The minimum balance to claim a payout is 300 points which is $3, and since surveys are about $3 each, you’ll quickly accumulate a good payout balance in no time.
Payments are usually processed the day after requesting one, but since it’s a check, it will take about 3 – 5 days to mail out.
SurveyClub has been around since 2005 and has millions of members from several countries like Canada, the UK, Australia, as well as the United States.
Receive a $5 sign-up bonus and make over $10 an hour.
The different earning opportunities offered on SurveyClub are:
- Survey Panels – These are other survey sites accepted by SurveyClub
- Available Studies – Different clinical trials, consumer panels and such available to join
- SurveyClub Surveys – SurveyClub’s own surveys
- Referrals – Refer a friend and receive up to $5 per referral
How much you can earn on SurveyClub depends on which activity you’re doing, such as making anywhere from $10 to $200 for surveys and up to $1,000 for a focus group.
The minimum amount needed to cash out is $20, but the majority of this must be from SurveyClub surveys alone, which means you’ll make a lot of earnings from all the different panels, but need to wait until you’ve reached the minimum of SurveyClub’s survey earnings to be able to cash out.
They have several payout choices and getting paid by check is one of the options.
InboxDollars is much more than surveys, you can also earn by shopping, watching videos, playing games, and more, but I’ll concentrate only on their surveys here.
There’s a bonus $5 for signing up and you can make around $5 to $10 an hour.
Signing up is free and only requires you to enter your name and email, and after confirming your email by clicking on the email they send, you’re done.
In order to qualify for more survey opportunities, I suggest filling out all the profile surveys (and get points too).
As I mentioned, InboxDollars is a multiuse site, the different ways you can earn are:
- Surveys – Answering surveys earns 25¢ to $1.25 per survey
- Emails – Clicking on emails in your inbox earns 1¢ to 2¢ per email
- Cash Offers – Shopping and cash-back offers available
- Scratch and Win – Different events earns progress and can claim 3 levels of money chances
- Watching Videos – Watch videos and earn Scratch and Win progress
- Referrals – Make 10% of all your friends’ earnings after they sign up
- Many more – Other ways include web search, sweepstakes, games, coupons, etc.
With the many different options, its possible to make the $30 minimum goal quickly.
The only drawback on requesting a payout is that there’s a $3 processing fee (but they do give you a $3 bonus after your payment is processed).
You can opt to get your payout via check which will take a few weeks to mail out, but be warned that checks are voided after 90 days.
For a faster cash option, you can also get paid via a Visa Prepaid card in your email account (or mailed).
This Visa card cannot be reloaded and expires a year after issue date.
Branded Surveys is pretty new, starting in 2017 and has over 2 million members and 60,000 surveys are completed by members daily.
Sign up to receive $1 free and you can maybe make about $6 – $8 an hour.
Membership on this survey site has 3 different tiers – Bronze (0 – 599 points), Silver Elite (600 – 2,099 points), and Gold Elite (2,100 points and up).
The different ways to earn points on Branded Surveys are:
- Surveys – Depends on the length of the survey but you get paid 68 – 400 points
- Free Partner Offers – Free tasks to complete that pay 9 to 141 points
- Paid Partner Offers – Pay for offers, or sign up for free trials that pay 49 – 383 points
- Referrals – Receive 50 points per referral (after reaching Elite Silver Tier)
- Daily Polls – Get 5 points every day answering their poll
- Bonuses – Depending on your Membership tier you earn bonuses completing tasks within a timeframe
You redeem your points for payment once you’ve reached 1,000 points which converts to $10.
You can request a bank transfer for direct deposit or a Visa Prepaid card, both are just like receiving cash or check.
As you’ve guessed, this takes time to process, the site says 1 -2 days for approval but how long it takes to actually get it remains unknown.
Another great high paying survey site that pays between $1 to $5 per survey completed.
There’s a $5 sign up bonus and earnings can be $15 an hour.
Signing up requires more personal data than just a name and email.
You’ll need to enter your address and employment information right off the bat.
Toluna Influencers offers earnings with:
- Profile Survey – Receive 100 points per profile survey
- Surveys – Surveys pay anywhere from 15 to 50,000 points
- Quick Votes – Answer one question and get 15 points
- Referrals – Receive 500 points per registered friend
- Creating Content – Submit a poll, topics and opinions and receive up to 1,000 points each
- Sweepstakes – Earn 500 points in a daily lottery or 1 million points in a Toluna Millionaire daily drawing
The minimum balance needed to cash out on Toluna is $10.
But the conversion rate is pretty high, it takes 30,000 points to convert to $10.
To request a check, you’ll need 60,000 points to get a $20 check sent to you.
Springboard America started in 2009 and recently celebrated its 10th anniversary by slightly changing its name to Maru Springboard America and changing its website design.
There’s no sign-up bonus but you are automatically entered into a $1,000 sweepstakes.
You can make about $12 to $15 an hour.
Due to a surge of memberships, they’re closed to new members but states “We open up recruitment throughout the year so there will be more opportunities to sign up coming soon”.
This survey site gives you cash by:
- Surveys – Average payout per survey is 50¢ to $3, but can offer up to $5
- Focus Groups – Another quick earning option to try
- Drawings – Automatically get entered into drawings for cash prizes
- Friend Referral – Make $2 after your friend completes 2 surveys
The minimum balance to reach before you can cash out is 5,000 points ($50), which is higher than many other survey sites.
You can request either a check, bank transfer, or a Visa Prepaid card.
This may sound like a survey site solely focused on political questions but they do offer surveys about marketing, banking, technology, shopping, and much more.
You first receive $1 for signing up for free and can earn $5 to $20 an hour.
Sign up requires just an email and password, or you can join with your Facebook account.
The different ways to earn on YouGov are:
- Surveys – Earn about 200 – 500 points per survey
- YouGov Lottery – Use your points to enter a lottery for large cash prizes
- Referrals – 2,000 points per friend after they’ve completed 3 surveys
The minimum you’ll need to cash out is 5,000 points which is $5 and you can request a cash payment in the form of a bank transfer.
The last, but not least, survey site on this list is PrizeRebel.
PrizeRebel does not offer a sign-up bonus, but it’s possible to make $12 an hour.
New members only need to provide an email and password, or go through your Facebook account to join.
The things you can do to earn points on PrizeRebel are:
- Profile Surveys – Get 10 points per completed profile survey
- Surveys – Get 20 to 130 points per survey
- Offer Wall – Complete offers and get 4 to 150 points per offer
- Watching Videos – Get 2 points for every 6 videos watched
- Referrals – Get 20% of each friend’s earnings
The minimum balance to collect your payout is 500 points which is $5 and you can request a bank transfer using Dwolla.
My Added Thoughts
These survey sites are some of the very few that do pay with a check (or direct deposit) and honestly if you want to expand your earning options, you should opt for PayPal payouts.
PayPal is pretty much the same as cash and you can use your PayPal account to pay on hundreds of online retailers, send and receive money from friends, family, and even your clients if you have a business account.
Signing up for a PayPal account is quick and easy and links to your bank or debit card for quick transfers to and from PayPal.
All of the above sites also offer PayPal as a payout option, some other popular survey sites that offer PayPal include:
- Opinion Outpost – $10 minimum to cash out to PayPal
- Swagbucks – $25 minimum to request a PayPal payment
- MyPoints – $25 minimum to cash out to PayPal
- PointClub – $25 minimum to request a PayPal payment
Whichever payout you choose doesn’t really matter as long as you’re making money.