School has already started this fall quarter, and most students take al to of notes in order to get a high grade. At the end of the semester, we either keep our notes for future reference or throw them away. Instead, why not sell them for cash? A website called OneClass allows you to upload your notes and sell them to other students for cash.
What Is OneClass?
There never comes to be enough time when it comes to studying, and taking notes in class can sometimes be really draining. Sometimes you might skip a day of class because you’re not feeling well, or just don’t want to go. This was the sole reason that OneClass was created.
OneClass allows you to upload your quarterly schedule so that you can directly find the notes and exam study guides that you need to pass your class. If you have your own notes, you can upload them and other students can easily find them and buy them from you.
OneClass has lots of different resources that you can choose from:
- Study Documents
- Homework Help
- Exam Solutions
To make sure that you’re getting the correct notes, OneClass has sections specifically for your university. For example, if you attend the University of Washington (UW) in Seattle, you can look up notes specifically for a class at UW with a specific professor. I took a look at some sample notes for Econ 342 at University of Waterloo, and they looked pretty detailed (image below).
The better you make your notes, the more likely you’re going to get repeat sales and customers, so make sure to take your time and do a good job if you’re looking to sell them.
The great thing about OneClass is that you’ll earn money for each sale. If you have a good database of notes uploaded onto their site, you have the potential to make a lot of passive income, especially if you go to a large university and there’s a lot of students.
How Do I Get Started & Earning With OneClass?
Signing-up for OneClass is very simple to do and can be done in just 3 simple steps.
1. Register. You can register for OneClass by clicking this link here. You can sign-up for Facebook, Google+, or by using your email. All it takes is to enter some simple information about you and your school.
2. Upload Notes. OneClass will guide you through the steps to see what you’re trying to accomplish on their site, whether it be buy notes, sell notes, get exam solution, etc. They will guide you through the process. Upload your notes if you wish to sell them.
3. Claim Gift Cards. Each time you sell your notes, you earn coins. After you earn enough coins, you can exchange them for gift cards to popular retailers such as Amazon or Best Buy, or you can directly redeem to your PayPal account.
How Much Can I Make With OneClass?
The amount of money you can earn from OneClass entirely depends on the document you upload and how many sales you make. As mentioned above, you earn cash each time each time someone downloads your notes. This means if you have very neat and organized notes and get a lot of downloads, you can build up a pretty decent passive income.
You get paid each time you upload notes that OneClass approves of, and each time your notes are downloaded. 800 coins is equal to roughly $10 dollars in cash or gift cards. Here’s a breakdown of how much you can earn:
- 25 coins each time you upload an approved document
- 15 coins each time someone downloads your lecture notes
- 24 coins for each downloaded textbook note
- 36 coins for each downloaded exam note
- 25 coins each time you earn a badge (which are accomplishments that you can achieve)
Refer Your Friends
You can make even more money by referring your friends to sign-up. You get 50 coins for each sign-up. A good way to do this is to send out a quick post to Twitter or Facebook. If you’d like to support FFL, you can use our referral link here. We’d greatly appreciate it!
If you’re looking to get some extra income for your class notes or study guides, go ahead and upload them to OneClass. You never know when you’re going to make a sale, especially if your notes look clean and are detailed. You could end up making a decent income.
If you’re looking for more ways to save or earn money at school, we recommend the following:
- Top 20 MOOC List – Free University Education Online
- Earn Cash Listening to Lectures With The Pocket Points App
- Get A NanoDegree For Cheap & Change Your Career
If you have any questions regarding OneClass or anything else, feel free to leave them down below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!